PEX Tubing used in Radiant Floor Heating
Families living in extremely cold conditions have started favoring radiant floor heating systems as it is very cost effective and energy efficient. One of the most vital components of this radiant heating process is PEX tubing as it has advantageous role in this heating system. The full name of PEX is cross linked polyethylene that helps in warming up temperature even if weather is cold outside. Since most of the heating is done under floor therefore the quality of the pipes used needs to be high quality. PEX is used in making such pipes as it is highly durable, flexible, long lasting and can withstand an extremely high temperature for long time.
Superior quality of PEX plumbing is chosen for these heating systems as better quality leads to warmer flooring that lasts for longer stretches. Pex tubing’s are irresistible to corrosion and can be easily covered by concretes either using gypsum or thermal. The PEX piping is both cost saving and energy efficient and helps the radiant heating systems to save fuel up to 15% to 20%. Being a good thermal insulator PEX is also used for preparing other materials such as heat exchangers, lux thermostats, taco pumps, pex tubing, radiant manifolds, and more.
For availing most from the numerous benefits of radiant floor heating systems one has no other choice but to go for PEX as efficient heating is available through PEX only.
- PEX Tubing
- PEX Tubing Oxygen Barrier
Radiant PEX has emerged as an alternate choice over CPVC, chlorinated polyvinyl chloride and PVC, polyvinyl chloride. Obtainable in different sizes such as 1/2 inch, ¾ inch and more, these are high quality piping for all kinds of plumbing applications. With easy installation services, 1 inch PEX tubing incorporates various kinds of advantages. Some of these related benefits are:
- Due to its flexible approach, it can bend up to 5 inch radius for ½ inch PEX tubing and 4 inch for 3/8 inch tubing.
- Since, there are less breakage and leaking points in PEX heat tubing, so they require fewer fittings.
- PEX piping comes with a kit that makes it easy to install and convenient to use.
- All the necessary plumbing fittings like couplings, elbows and fixtures are provided with these tubing of varied sizes.
- Radiant PEX can be used for carrying out radiant floor applications as they are highly resistant to hot and cold temperatures.
- Radiant PEX tubing can be conveniently used for both hot and cold water supply as well as for electrical insulation.